White chocolate chips and fresh strawberries are paired together in these soft cake-like cookies. Yum!
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 Tablespoon heavy cream
1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon Xanthan gum
1 cup white chocolate chips
½ cup fresh strawberries, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, egg, cream and vanilla.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and xanthan gum. Add to cream mixture; mix well.
- Stir in white chocolate chips and strawberries.
- Drop by rounded teaspoon on baking sheets lined with baking mat or parchment paper.
- Bake on parchment lined cookie sheets about 10-12 minutes, or until edges are lightly brown.
- Let cool for 5 minutes on cookie sheet and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Wash and pat strawberries dry before chopping them.
If the cookies spread out too thin, refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
Keywords: gluten-free strawberry cookies