Delicious homemade pizza you won’t believe is gluten-free. This recipe makes two crusts, so you can freeze one for later!
- Ingredients for Pizza Crust:
- 3 1/2 cups of Pamela’s Gluten-Free Bread Mix
- 2 1/4 teaspoons of yeast or 1 yeast packet (I use Fleischmann’s Rapid Rise)
- 1/4 cup avocado or olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 2 teaspoons Italian herbs
- Homemade tomato sauce (recipe below)
- Toppings of your choice: sausage, pepperoni, black olives, bell peppers, artichokes, cheese, etc
Ingredients for Pizza Sauce:
1 can (8 ounce) tomato sauce
1 can (8 ounce) tomato paste
1 garlic clove, minced
1 teaspoon basil, dried
1 teaspoon oregano, dried
1/2 teaspoon marjoram, dried
1/2 teaspoon thyme, dried
1/2 teaspoon cane sugar
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Instructions for Pizza Crust:
- Use a HEAVY DUTY STAND MIXER with the whisk attachment. Combine bread mix, yeast, oil, and water and mix on medium speed for two minutes.
- Pour one half dough onto a heavily oiled or parchment covered baking sheet. Use quite a bit of oil on hands to spread the dough in to crust shape. (The oil will help to keep the dough from sticking to your hands.)
- Let rest one hour.
- Spread the remaining dough on the other baking sheet. Let rest one hour.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes on round baking sheet or pizza stone lined with parchment paper.
- While pizza crust is baking, make homemade tomato sauce (directions below) and spread over baked pizza crust. Add desired toppings.
- Bake until toppings are hot, about 15 to 20 minutes.
Instructions for Pizza Sauce:
- In small saucepan, combine all ingredients.
- Cook over medium heat for five minutes. Spread sauce evenly over pizza crust.
To freeze pizza crust: partially bake crust for 20 minutes, cool and wrap, then freeze. To bake frozen pizza: remove from freezer, add sauce and toppings. Preheat oven to 375°F. Bake pizza for 15 to 20 minutes.