Made with fresh lemons and blueberries, you will love how tart and sweet this gluten-free cake is. It would be delightful to serve at an afternoon tea or bridal shower.
Ingredients for Cake:
- 2 1/4 cups gluten free almond flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Xanthan gum
- 2 teaspoons lemon peel
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 3/4 to 1 cup fresh blueberries
Ingredients for Lemon Glaze:
- 3 cups sifted confectioners’ sugar
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
Instructions for Cake:
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease 13×9″ oblong pan or Bundt pan.
- In large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, xanthan gum and lemon peel.
- Add butter. Pour in a little over half of the milk and beat on low speed 2 minutes. Add remaining milk and eggs. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Add lemon juice and beat on medium speed 2 minutes.
- Gently fold in blueberries. Pour in to prepared pan. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Remove from oven and let sit 5 minutes. Transfer to cooling rack. Let cool completely and if you are using a Bundt pan, transfer to a cake plate.
Instructions for Lemon Glaze:
- In a medium size bowl, bend together confectioners’ sugar with lemon juice, one tablespoon at a time. Stir until glaze is smooth.
- Drizzle over cooled cake.
- Substitute frozen blueberries for fresh.