Flaky fish, in a crispy crumb coating, is nestled in a corn tortilla. A delicious gluten-free meal for two or a crowd!
- 1 pound cod fillets, cut into 1 inch strips
- 1/3 cup gluten-free almond blend flour
- 2 Tablespoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- 2 teaspoons milk, whole or buttermilk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 corn gluten-free tortillas, warmed
- 2 –3 Tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup homemade gluten-free ranch dressing
- 1 cup coleslaw mix
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- 1 medium avocado, sliced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh cilantro, minced
- Combine coleslaw mix and ranch dressing in a medium size bowl. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Combine gluten-free almond blend flour and lemon-pepper in a medium-size bowl. In a shallow bowl, whisk the egg and milk together until thoroughly combined.
- Dip fish in the egg mixture and then roll in the flour. For extra battered fish, repeat the process.
- Heat 2 Tablespoons of avocado oil in a large skillet coated, and cook fish over medium-high heat for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until it flakes easily with a fork. Add extra oil to skillet as needed.
- In another skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat and add the tortillas. Once the tortilla begins to puff up, flip over and heat.
- Spoon fish on tortillas, top with coleslaw, avocado and cilantro. Serve tacos with lime wedges.
Substitute cod with halibut, Mahi Mahi, orange roughy or shrimp.
Try grilled fish instead of batter dipped.
Substitute sliced tomatoes for the avocado slices.
Keywords: gluten-free fish tacos