Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your costs will be the same but Baking with Bridget will receive a small commission. This helps cover some of the costs for this site. We appreciate your support!
It is so easy to make gluten-free banana bread from scratch! This incredibly moist bread is wonderful fresh out of the oven and served with a pat of butter.
Don’t you just love the smell of fresh-baked bread? There is nothing better on a cold winter morning than a warm slice of moist gluten-free banana bread. It is delicious alongside a plate of fluffy scrambled eggs. This mouth-watering quick bread is also a great afternoon snack with a cup of hot tea or coffee.
I wait until my banana skins are almost all black on the outside to make this recipe from scratch.The extra ripe banana adds so much flavor.
I like to make two smaller loaves and pop one in the freezer to serve when company unexpectedly drops by. I heat it up in the oven and before long the house fills with a tantalizing aroma. It takes no time at all for you to make this easy homemade banana bread.
I don’t think there is anything better than a homemade gift from the kitchen! Gluten-free banana bread is a perfect gift idea for a birthday or “welcome to the neighborhood”. Try tucking a loaf in a basket lined with a pretty dish towel and a jar of your favorite homemade preserves are super cute! Or cut it into slices and place on a pretty plate. The possibilities are endless!!!
Incredibly moist. Nothing says homemade more than a fresh loaf of banana bread. Serve this delicious bread hot or cold, with a pat of butter.
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 3 to 4 medium bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup of water
- 1 2/3 cup gluten-free almond blend flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 cup nuts, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease bottom only of a large loaf pan (9x5x3 inches).
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the sugar and butter together until creamy. Mix in eggs, one at a time. Add bananas and water. Beat until just blended.
- Sift together dry ingredients. Stir in dry ingredients until just moistened. Stir in nuts, if desired. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 50 to 60 minutes. Remove from oven and cool 5 minutes. Remove loaf from pan and allow to cool on a wire rack.
For maximum flavor use very ripe bananas.
I add the bananas directly to the batter and mix in. If you prefer, you can mash them before adding to the batter.
One of my absolute favorite bread recipes for fall is Gluten-Free Pumpkin Bread. If you love pumpkin and cherries, this bread is for you!
Summer and Gluten-Free Zucchini Bread go hand-in-hand!
Are you looking for a festive gluten-free bread recipe for the holidays? Look no further! Gluten-Free Cranberry Bread is a wonderful gift idea for family, friends and neighbors.
From my kitchen to yours,