Easy Banana Cake is moist and full of yummy banana flavor. Creamy vanilla frosting adds the perfect amount of sweetness to this gluten free layered cake.
My son is not much of a cake fan but he loves pretty much anything made with bananas. I created this delicious banana cake just for him. The bananas add moistness and tons of flavor. The creamy vanilla frosting adds the perfect touch of sweetness. And for the record, my non-cake-loving son loved this cake!
Easy Banana Cake Recipe
1 2/3 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups bananas, mashed (about 4 medium size)
2/3 cup butter, softened
2/3 cup buttermilk
2 1/3 cup gluten free almond blend flour
1 ¼ teaspoon baking powder
1 ¼ teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon Xanthan gum
- Heat oven to 350° F.
- Grease and flour a rectangular pan 13 X 9 X 2 or 2 round cake pans.
- In a large bowl sift together dry ingredients.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the sugar, butter, buttermilk.
- Add eggs in one at a time, mixing well.
- Mix in mashed bananas.
- Add dry ingredients and beat on high-speed, scraping bowl occasionally for 3 minutes.
- Pour into baking pan(s).
- Bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Rectangle pan 45 to 50 minutes, round pans 35 to 40 minutes.
- If baking in round pans, remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes. Invert on a wire cooling rack to finish cooling.
- Frost with Creamy Vanilla Frosting.
->Use parchment paper to line cake pans. After you invert the cake on the wire racks, carefully peel away the parchment paper.
->Instead of mashing my bananas, I just break them in small pieces and add to the batter. The mixer blends them in just fine.
->For a little less banana flavor use three medium bananas instead of four.
My easy banana cake has received rave reviews from both family and friends. I was so excited when my son told me how much he liked it! It is an easy to make dessert that is full of rich flavor.
Did you like this cake recipe? Be sure to try these recipes:
From my kitchen to yours,