Oh my gosh! You have to try this recipe for Dark Chocolate Frosting! It is so rich and creamy; you may find yourself eating this gluten-free frosting right out of the bowl!!!
Some people are all about the cake and other people are all about the frosting. Being a baker, I am about both. However, I must confess that when I eat a piece of cake, I eat it from the bottom up and inside towards outside. Eating cake in this order ensures that my last bite has frosting! 🙂
Dark chocolate is also called “plain chocolate” or “black chocolate”. It does not contain milk and is made by adding fat and sugar to cocoa. It is my first choice when it comes to baking with chocolate.
Homemade frosting is so much better than store-bought. I like having cocoa and chocolate baking bars stocked in the pantry.
Don’t you love the peace of mind you have when you bake from scratch? It is great to know you are eating wholesome foods without unnecessary added ingredients. Don’t forget to use homemade vanilla extract in this naturally gluten free frosting. It adds such a warm, rich flavor to all your baked goods.
If you love the bittersweet taste of dark chocolate, you will find yourself using this frosting on all of your favorite desserts, including gluten-free dark chocolate cake, brownies and cookies.Print
If you love the bittersweet taste of dark chocolate, you will find yourself using this rich and creamy frosting on all of your favorite desserts, including gluten free dark chocolate cake, brownies and cookies.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Stir in cocoa and blend well.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix cocoa butter blend, powdered sugar and milk. Alternately add powdered sugar and milk.
- Beat to spreading consistency. Beat in vanilla extract until thoroughly blended. Spread on cooled cake.
- If frosting is too thick add milk, one teaspoon at a time, to frosting until desired consistency is reached.
- If frosting is too thin, add sifted confectioner’s sugar to frosting until desired consistency is reached.
- Use your knife to create “swirls” while frosting your cake. They give it a sweet homemade look.
Don’t you just love how easy this homemade dark chocolate frosting is to make? I bet your family and friends will be begging for your recipe. 🙂
Always keep a smile on your face, a rainbow in your heart, and some dark chocolate on hand. ~ Unknown
You might also enjoy these gluten-free chocolate candy recipes: