Fresh garlic, cilantro, onion and Serrano chilies come together with avocado to make the Best Homemade Guacamole Ever! You can make this delicious recipe all year and serve it as a dip or a side for hamburgers and wraps.
Fresh natural ingredients star in the Best Homemade Guacamole. My husband likes his guacamole with some kick so I leave in the chili pepper seeds. Be sure to wear plastic gloves when seeding the chili pepper. This delicious dip and/or condiment is naturally gluten free and dairy free!
Did you know avocados are a great source of healthy fat with zero cholesterol? What better way for you to get that source than through guacamole! Typically, guacamole is served as a dip with chips. One of my favorite ways is to serve it alongside of a grilled hamburger or turkey burger. Burgers never tasted so good!
How do you prepare an avocado for guacamole? This short video from Yummy PH shows you just how easy it is.
- 2 large ripe avocados (, halved, seeded and peeled (or 4 small))
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ cup onion, minced
- 1 Serrano chili pepper, minced (seed, if desired)
- 2 Tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon pink Himalayan sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon lime juice, optional
- A dash of fresh ground pepper
- In a medium size bowl, mash the avocado and leave some small chunks.
- Add in garlic, onion and Serrano chili and combine.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Cover with plastic wrap, pressing the wrap down against the dip.
- Refrigerate two hours or overnight before serving.
- To ripen avocados, place in a brown paper bag or in a bowl in a dark cabinet.
- I leave the chili pepper seeds in for extra kick!
To ripen an avocado, simply place it in a paper bag and leave it for a couple of days.
Your family and friends will rave about Best Homemade Guacamole. I hope it becomes a favorite for your family as it is with mine. I have even made it to give as gifts!
Did you enjoy this recipe? You might also like these gluten-free recipes:
From my kitchen to yours,