Made with fresh ingredients, gluten-free guacamole is great as an appetizer with chips or served as a condiment for tacos and burgers.
- 2 large ripe avocados (halved, seeded and peeled (or 4 small))
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ cup onion, minced
- 1 Serrano chili pepper, minced (seed, if desired)
- 2 Tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon pink Himalayan sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon lime juice, optional
- A dash of fresh ground pepper
- In a medium size bowl, mash the avocado and leave some small chunks. Add in garlic, onion and Serrano chili and combine.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Cover with plastic wrap, pressing the wrap down against the dip.
- Refrigerate two hours or overnight before serving.
- To ripen avocados, place in a brown paper bag or in a bowl in a dark cabinet.
- Wear gloves when seeding the chili pepper.
- Leave the chili pepper seeds in for extra kick!
Keywords: best gluten-free guacamole, gluten-free guacamole recipe